Monday, July 20, 2009

DOCKVILLE



First, my computer is very mysterious. It works one minute and the next it doesn't. I've realized it must be a short between the monitor and the video card that is the problem. Maybe this thing can be salvaged after all...

So today was the first day of work for everyone out there at Dockville, and I am wicked tired. My assumption is that it will get more intense on a daily basis. Last week was essentially getting ready for this.



This is Jonathan, he is the architect we worked with to design the horn/stage/living space we are building. He has been an amazing help. I hope he takes at least one soul before this is over.




These guys are both named Andy. The one in the dark shirt is Andy and the other one is Also Andy. When they introduced themselves to me, Andy said "I am Andy." then Also Andy said, "I am Also Andy." Also Andy works with sensors and things to make music/sound. He was telling me about a thing he is working on that loops the patterns created by his cello bow and Wii sensors.

Together they are working on a piece for Dockville. The piece is a sound/experiential piece that has a loud noise and punching bag. The harder you hit the punching bag, the softer the sound gets. When you get the sound/noise all the way down, you get a special prize. I wonder what that is...




This is Brandon and Robert. Robert is a carpenter from Austria. He will be building the horn with us. Today he built the tool that makes the curved "spine" we are using for the horn. Then he set about, in the rain or shine (cuz you know it rains here in Hamburg every fucking day), making each of the curved pieces. The guy is incredible.



Susi with helpers.




You don't like the Lighthouse? You suck!

Alright, ya'll, I need to sleep so I can get up do this again.

Loves to all!

No comments: